By john french
A wonderful rich gravy - just perfect with the sunday rost
- 3 tbspns Cornflour
- 3 tbspns Bisto
- 1 x stock cube - chicken or beef
- 1 heaped teaspoon yeast extract
- Good shake of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- Meat Juices from roast
- Boiling water to deglaze roasting pan and to make up to 750ml of liquid
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Place cornflour, bisto, stock cube, yeast extract, worcestershire sauce and cold water in a cup and mix well.
Add boiling water to meat juices in the roasting pan and mix - pour mix into a saucepan through a sieve to remove any bits.
bring water back to boil and add cornflour mix.
Stir continuously until the gravy thickens to your liking and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (441 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.