Save Time, Cook On Sunday: How To Prepare Your Meals In AdvanceGoogle Ads
Your cooking schedule can change weekly, depending on how much time you have and what you feel like cooking. It can be a time consuming process, not to mention frustrating!
That's why it's great to cook on Sunday!
Prepare all meals that will be served during the week in advance to save heaps of time!
Advantage: You don’t have to do any work when you’re ready to eat. Just heat it up!
Disadvantage: You have to take time out of your Sunday afternoon to prepare your week’s meals.
The Secret: Make meals in bulk; but only put the amount of one or two meals in the refrigerator. Save the rest in the freezer. This way, you don’t have to eat the same meal every night of the week.
Some ideas: a chili con carne, a quiche with vegetables, a chicken casserole, spaghetti.
Prepare all of your meal bases in advance, then warm them up when you're ready to eat.
Advantage: your ratio of time lost to time gained will be very advantageous!
A few ideas:
- Sauces: a homemade pesto or tomato sauce (with a can of crushed tomatoes - it takes 10 minutes) to accompany some pasta or grains (wheat, bulgur, quinoa, etc.).
- Rice can be cooked in advance and heated the day of to make an Asian stir-fry.
- Cook and season lentils with salt and olive oil on Sunday afternoon, then you can top them off with Bacon, smoked fish, sausages, etc. when you’re ready to eat.
- Do the same with pasta by sprinkling some salt and drizzling with olive oil. Save in the fridge, and the next day you can make a pasta salad, casserole, or hot pasta with your premade sauce.
- Peel and dice various vegetables to prepare a hot soup for the next day.
- Make a simple salad dressing, then wash and dry your lettuce for your salad the next day.
- Shred carrots, red and white cabbage, then keep in the refrigerator with a drizzle of olive oil. It’s the perfect base for homemade coleslaw.
Make a new meal with the remains of the weekend or the remains of the day before.
Advantage: This keeps you from wasting food by letting it spoil!
Disadvantage: You need to be careful about how long a left-over can stay in the fridge so as not to waste!
Sometimes there are not enough left-overs to remake the same meal, so in this case you need to be creative and make a new meal!
What tricks do you use to save time in the kitchen?