Snacks, Starters, and Nibbles - Basil, Pine nut and Chilli Humdinger Hummus
Hot, hot day. Cat flat out on the flags. Just been sipping some cold, cold fizz, then fancied something to nibble before supper later. So, in from the sun and out with the ingredients for a home made hummus that just is so suited to such a lazy day as this.
- 1 400g can chickpeas
- Bunch of Greek basil – though you could use ordinary
- Glugs of Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 75 gm pine nuts – toasted lightly in a dry frying pan
- Good handful of grated pecorino
- 1 red chilli deseeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Pop all ingredients, apart from olive oil, into a blender and treat to a serious whizz.
Then stop and add several good splashes of olive oil to start to loosen the mixture.
Whizz again merrily for a mo. Add a grind of rock salt and a brief grind of black pepper.
Tip out into a bowl and adjust the olive oil to get to the consistency you want.
Serve with warm pittas or grissini...and a glass of cold beer. Summertime.... and the eating is easy......
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (359 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (227 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (142 Votes)