Pickled Purple Cabbage
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup apple juice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Shred up the purple cabbage. Either get a good knife or throw it into the food processor.
Pop the cabbage into a large mixing bowl and drizzle over red wine vinegar and toss it about.
The cabbage will soak up the vinegar but you want a slightly soupy effect at the bottom of the bowl to have the right amount.
Next pour in the apple juice and cloves and mix it well.
Cover it with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for about an hour.
It's the perfect side for dinner, at a barbecue or in a wrap!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)