Kimchi Egg Drop Soup
- 1cup kimchi (Store Bought or Homemade
- 3cups water
- 1Tbs tomato paste or 1 tomato pureed
- 1/2Tsp red chili pepper (Optional)
- 1Tsp sugar
- Few scallions & grated carrots for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
- Take a vessel with water & to that add kimchi.
- Along with that add tomato paste, chili powder, sugar & salt.
- Bring it to boil & cook for 15mins or till the veggies are done. Adjust the salt, spiciness & sugar if needed.
-Now separate the egg whites in to a bowl. whisk it with a spoon & add directly to soup.
- The egg breaks & mingles with the soup. Cook for 5mins & switch off heat.
- Garnish with spring onion, carrots & serve it as you like.
- Kimchi will have sufficient spiciness to it. If needed add extra or just omit adding it.
- You can add the whole egg instead of egg whites.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (479 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (237 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)