This is my variation on an family recipe
- 250g Beef Mince
- Peas - tinned
- Beef Oxo Cubes
- 2 Boxes of Dumpling Mix
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tins Chopped Tomatoes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and cut potatoes into generous chunks and place in a stock pot with boiling water. Repeat the process with the carrots and bring to the boil, cover and allow to cook through.
In annother pan add a tiny dash of olive oil (you don't need much because of the mince) and add a clove of chopped garlic. After a couple of minutes add the mince and crumble over two beef oxo cubes. Allow the mine to cook until brown.
Once the potatoes are starting to disinergrate and the carrots are cooked combine the beef into the pan with them. Adding the chopped leeks, the peas and chopped tomatoes ensuring there is plenty of liquid and allow to simmer for 25-30 mins. Add pepper to taste.
Prepare the dumplings as insructed on the packet and add to the pan to cook. These usually take 15 mins or so. after the dumplings are cooked it's ready to be served.
This is always lovely with thick bread and some beetroot or pickled cabbage
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (493 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Stuffed butternut squash 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.