Madagascan beef stew (Romazava)
- 1,5 cl of vegetable oil
- 1 kg of stewing beef
- cubes (preferably the shank)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 1 fresh tomato
- 500g paracress leaves (Acmella oleracea - found in Chinese shops)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a stew pot, heat the oil over fairly high heat, and fry the chunks of beef.
Add the garlic, onion and ginger, and chopped tomato.
Salt and pepper to taste and plunge the chunks of meat in water.
Boil for 7-10 minutes, skimming often, then reduce the heat. Place a lid on the pot and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
Add the paracress, previously rinsed and cook for another 20 to 25 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.