A simple broth/stew that is filling and warming on cold nights.
- Beef pieces
- 2 Oxo cubes per pan used.
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 8 potatoes
- 1 swede
- 2 parsnips
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel all vegetable and chop into chunks.
Place veg and meat into pan/s add crumbled oxo cubes and fill with cold water. Place on the hob, bring to a boil and then turn down and simmer.
After simmering for a good hour and half, turn the heat down low again and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
Serve with chunky bread wedges and enjoy.
Can be put in a slow cooker and left to cook all day, is nicer the next day so I would recommend to cook the night before and then serve for dinner the next day.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Jerusalem artichoke soup 2.6/5 (104 Votes)