Cream of potato soup with sweetcorn
By Jacre , blog : Recettes de cusine de Jacre
- 5 large potatoes
- 25 g butter
- 500 ml of water
- 1 bouquet garni
- 300 g of sweetcorn
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- 1 onion
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and chop the onion. Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into cubes.
In a casserole, melt the butter, add the onions.
Once they've started to brown (but not too much) add the potatoes and garlic. Add water and the bouquet garni.
Cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the bouquet garni and purée the soup.
Add the drained sweetcorn and parsley, then the milk and nutmeg, salt, pepper.
Cook for another 10 minutes and add the cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Lobsters in foil 4.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Quick Carrot & Coriander Soup 3.5/5 (121 Votes)
- Chilli con carne 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Apple and Beetroot Soup 4/5 (56 Votes)