Smoked Mackerel with egg, spinach & rice
This is the quickest meal to make, but full of nutrition and it looks great! The balance of flavours is just right.
- One mug of 10 minute Bazmati rice
- 3 large smoked mackerel fillets (or 5-6 small fillets)
- 3 eggs (preferably free range)
- 300g spinach
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 200 C. Fill kettle & boil. grease your egg poacher so that the eggs will slide out easily.
Put your mug of rice into a pan and add two mugs of boiling water. Put the rice on to boil for 10 mins.
Wrap the mackerel fillets in foil and place on a baking tray in the oven for 10 minutes.
Put the eggs into the egg poacher, add water & steam for 4 mins.
Wash the spinach, and then stir fry for 2 minutes until the spinach is soft.
Take the rice off the heat afte 10 minutes and leave until everything else is cooked.
Layer up the plates....
Start with a layer of rice.
Second comes a layer of spinach.
Lay the mackerel fillets on top of the spinach.
Finally top with the eggs.
You can buy bags of pre-washed spinach which you just throw into the microwave for a couple of minutes - even easier than stir frying & it saves on pans!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (226 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (147 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Mackerel Fried Rice 3.3/5 (144 Votes)
- Savoury cake with mackerel and... 3.5/5 (142 Votes)