Steve's Smoked Mackerel Potato Salad
A delicious warm potato salad
- 2 handfuls new potatoes
- 1 whole smoked mackerel
- de-boned and flaked
- 1 bunch spring onions
- thinly sliced
- 100g baby plum/cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli finely sliced
- 1 fish stock cube
- Half 1 green/yellow pepper diced
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil potatoes - simmer for 10-15 minutes
In the meantime add the spring onions, tomatoes, garlic, chilli, and peppers into a pan with the olive oil. Soften for 5 minutes, and crumble in the fish stock cube.
Stir in the mackerel and heat through until warm.
Drain the potatoes and add to the pan with the rest of the ingredients.
Serve into bowls and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (147 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.