I replaced the pasta in lasagna with courgettes and it came out delicious!
- 1kg leeks
- 1 kg spinach
- 3 big courgettes
- 4 rashers of bacon (optional)
- 200 gr cream cheese (I used ricotta)
- a glass of white wine
- 50 gr butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 400 ml milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Chop the bacon and coarsely chop the leeks (only the white part). Wash and clean the spinach. Lightly cook the bacon in a big pot about 3 min. and then add the the leeks and the spinach turn down the heat and cover with the lid stirring every so often. When the leeks and spinach loose all their water pour in the wine and wait to evaporate. Add the cream cheese salt and pepper and stir till fully melted and incorporated. Let it cook for another 2 – 3 min and set aside.
Slice the courgettes lengthwise (approx. 5mm thick) season and grill for 5 min until they are a bit tender but not fully cooked. Oil a deep tray make one layer with the courgettes add half of the spinach – leek mixture and make another layer of courgettes. Add the remaining leeks and spinach and another layer of courgettes.
In a small pot melt the butter in low temperature, add the flour and stir till well incorporated. Pour the milk gradually and mix really well till it thickens (it will take some time). Add salt and pepper and pour on top of the “lasagna”. Bake for 1/2 an hour at 180 and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Spinach, Mozzarella & Ricotta... 4.4/5 (56 Votes)