Cheese and bacon flan
- 6oz shortcrust pastry made with butter
- 1/4 pt milk
- 1 egg
- sm onion
- 7oz cheese
- black pepper
- Italian seasoning
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Line 20cm shallow dish with pastry. Prick with fork. Chop bacon finely and line base. 4-6 rashers will do. Chop onion finely. Put onion, egg,salt, pepper, seasoning and cheese to milk. Mix as you go. Add tp pastry base.
Cook in preheated oven, Gas mark 5, for 30 - 40 minutes. When the top is golden brown and firm the quiche is coooked
Eat hot or cold. Eat with chips, wedges, salad, baked potato. A slice is good in the lunchbox instead of a sandwich. Can be reheated.
Ideal to be made in advance and frozen.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.