sizzling spicy chicken with peppers
A speedy dish best served with egg noodles.
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 oxo Mexican spice cube
- 2tsp cornflour
- 1 chicken oxo cube
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 4 spring onions
- 3tbsp oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the chicken into thin strips and place into a dish. Crumble the Mexican spice cube and cornflour together. Add the mixture to the chicken and toss together. Crumble the chicken oxo cube into 1/4 pint of boiling water.
Peel and thinly slice the onion. Remove core and seeds and slice the peppers. Trim the spring onions and chop.
Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large frying pan, add onion and peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes over a high heat until onions are golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the remaining oil, add the chicken and cook over maximum heat until sizzling and white.
Return the vegetables to the pan, pour in the stock and Simmer for 2 minutes. Serve garnished with the spring onions.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno... 4.7/5 (36 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.