Mild leftover meat curry
Use leftover cooked meat
- 1 cup of brown rice or quinoa
- At least 8 oz of leftover meat
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder
- 1 organic stock cube (beef unless using leftover chicken when you should use a chicken stock cube)
- 1 large onion
- 6 large mushrooms
- 1 oz butter
- Hot water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Half fill a medium saucepan with water, bring to boil, add a pinch of salt and a cup of rice or quinoa. Bring back to boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove cooked meat from joint or chicken and cut into bite sized cubes and set aside.
Roughly chop onions. Melt butter in another pan on a low heat. Add onions and let them cook for a few minutes until softened. Add curry powder and cook out the curry powder for 3-4 minutes. Stir in cubed meat until curry coats the meat.
Add the can of tomatoes, the stock cube and a little hot water (just so the contents of the pan are not too dry). Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 mins. Add the chopped mushrooms and simmer for a further 5 mins.
Drain and rinse the cooked rice/quinoa and add to meat mixture. Stir contents well and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Mango chicken curry 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Thai Green Beef Curry with Eggplant 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa In a Jar 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Chicken curry with quinoa 4.2/5 (18 Votes)