Mild Chicken Curry
- Olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tin coconut milk (ideally reduced fat)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 75ml water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the marinade together in a bowl, add the chopped chicken and stir well, leaving it coated in the marinade ideally for 30 minutes or more, covered in the fridge.
Heat the oil and when hot, add the mustard seeds until they start popping. Add the onion and garlic and fry until softened, stirring constantly.
Add the chicken, marinade and all, to the pan and brown on a medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Do not overcook.
Add the coconut milk, stir well and bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes and serve, checking the chicken is cooked through thoroughly, with white rice and mango chutney.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Mango chicken curry 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- chicken, mango and chilli salad 4.8/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.