Lassi Yogurt Drink
Served with spicy dishes to help cool the tongue
- SWEET VERSION:
- 2.5 c natural yogurt
- 2.5 c water
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 4 tsp superfine sugar
- 4 cardamom pods crushed with pods discarded
- 1 TB pistachio nuts
- SAVORY VERSION:
- 2.5 c yogurt
- 2.5 c water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds ground and rosted
- sprigs of fresh mint to garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
For both versions, put the yogurt and water in a bowl or jug and whisk together until smooth.
For the sweet version, stir in the rosewater, caster sugar and cardamom pods. Add more sugar if required. Mix together well. Chop the pistachio nuts. Serve over ice and decorate with chopped pistachios.
For the savory version, stir the salt, sugar and cumin into the yogurt and water. Mix together well, serve over ice and garnish with mint sprigs.
Rosewater is made from the extracts of rose petals, and is not too expensive to buy in small quantities. It is available from supermarkets, health food stores and delicatessens.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Flaked Fish Curry with Tumeric and... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Pisttachio-crusted rack of lamb... 3.3/5 (133 Votes)
- Nutty chocolates coated in salted... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- AMERICAN PISTACHIOS WITH GINGER,... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Elder-Rose Spritz 3.6/5 (62 Votes)