AMERICAN PISTACHIOS WITH GINGER, CARDAMOM & LEMON
- 250g American pistachios
- in shell
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed
- groundnut or light olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Zest 2 large lemons
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan. Add pistachios and cook for a minute to begin toasting the shells.
Reduce heat to low and add spices. Cook for 20 seconds then add golden syrup and lemon zest. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 20 seconds.
Reduce heat to low again and cook for
another 20 seconds until the liquid turns to a glaze.
Remove from heat and season with salt. Spoon out onto a baking parchment-lined tray to cool, spreading them to minimise them sticking together.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (224 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (137 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)