AMERICAN PISTACHIOS WITH GINGER, CARDAMOM & LEMON
- 250g American pistachios
- in shell
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed
- groundnut or light olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Zest 2 large lemons
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan. Add pistachios and cook for a minute to begin toasting the shells.
Reduce heat to low and add spices. Cook for 20 seconds then add golden syrup and lemon zest. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 20 seconds.
Reduce heat to low again and cook for
another 20 seconds until the liquid turns to a glaze.
Remove from heat and season with salt. Spoon out onto a baking parchment-lined tray to cool, spreading them to minimise them sticking together.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (414 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (225 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)