Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts
This mini apple tarts are made with almond pastry and rose water apple filling
- 200g flour
- 100g ground almond
- 80g butter
- 80g lard
- a pinch of salt
- 500g Bramley Apple
- 100g Sugar
- 25g butter
- 1 tabsp. rose water
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 drop red colouring
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Place flour, almond, salt, lard and butter in a food processor. Blitze for 5 seconds until it resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add in cold water to form a dough.
Peel and chopped apple. Put it in a pan with sugar and a tablespoonful of water. Cook till the apple is soft. Stir in butter and rose water. Leave to cool.
Roll out pastry to 5mm thickness. Cut out 12 x 8cm fluted round pastry. Use a heart shaped cutter and cut out 12 pastry shapes.
Line petty tin with pastry and fill each with apple filling. Place the heart shaped pastry on top.
Place in the centre of the oven Gas Mark 5/190C for 15-20 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Add water and colour to icing sugar to make pink icing. Decorate the hearts with pink icing.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Tarte Normande (apple and cinnamon... 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Toffee Apple Tart 3.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Marshmallow & Sugar Flower Cupcakes 3.4/5 (126 Votes)
- Foolproof Tarte-Tatin 3.3/5 (130 Votes)