Apple Bread and Butter Pudding
This recipe is my personal creation. It is a fruity variant on the traditional Bread and Butter Pudding. Served hot, delicious with custard or cream.
- 25g butter
- 200g cooking apples
- 100g white bread
- 50g currants
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 300ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 25g sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grease a pie dish with butter.
Spread each slice of bread with butter, then cut into triangles or fingers.
Peel, core and slice the apples.
Arrange a layer of half the bread, buttered-side up, in the bottom of the dish.
Then add a layer of all the apple and currants. Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
Then finish with a layer of remaining bread, then put to one side.
Gently warm the milk over a low heat. Don't let it boil.
Crack the eggs into a bowl, add three quarters of the sugar and whisk.
Add the warm milk to the egg mixture and stir, then pour over the prepared bread and apple. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
Place the dish into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the custard has set and the top is golden-brown.
I leave the crusts on the bread to avoid wastage, but cut them off if you prefer.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (452 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (254 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Apple pancakes with cinnamon 3.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Apple tart with maple syrup 4.6/5 (57 Votes)
- Cute Apple Crumble 4.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Bread & Butter Pudding 3.5/5 (68 Votes)