Clonakilty Blackpudding Tart With Roasted Beetroot And Goats Cheese
This is such a simple recipe and it looks so impressive that guests will be checking the kitchen to make sure that you haven't kidnapped a chef.
- For the pastry:
- 225g Plain Flour
- 100g Butter
- Pinch Salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
- For the filling:
- 280g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 300g Soft Goat’s cheese
- 200g Beetroot
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Rocket and Mixed Herbs to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Rub flour, butter and salt together to form a breadcrumb consistency, add water to form ball and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Roll out pastry, and line a 18cm fluted tin, blind bake at 180°C for twenty minutes.
Quarter the beetroot and roast in a hot oven ~200°C for twenty minutes until tender and caramelised.
Slice the Clonakilty Blackpudding and lightly fry or grill until warmed through.
Spread the soft goats’ cheese over the base of the tart and arrange the Clonakilty Blackpudding and roasted beetroot over it.
Garnish with cherry tomatoes, rocket and fresh herbs, drizzle with some of the beetroot juices.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (180 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Topped... 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Clonakilty "Hot Dawg" 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Savoury Italian Tart 3.6/5 (93 Votes)
- Vegetable and ricotta tart 4.4/5 (49 Votes)