By laurence A
- 1 sweet pastry or puff pastry
- Crème pâtissière (custard cream):
- - 1/2 litre of milk
- boiling hot
- - 80 g sugar
- - 4 yolks
- - 45 g cornstarch
- - 1/2 vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- - 20 g butter
- - 500 g strawberries
- - 1 small bunch mint leaves
- - 30g icing sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook the pastry, empty, in a flan tin with weights, for about 30 minutes.
Leave to cool.
Make the custard cream:
Heat the milk with half the sugar and the vanilla bean.
Whiten the egg yolks with the other 1/2 of sugar and add the cornstarch.
Add the hot boiled milk, whisking.
Place back on the heat and boil for 1 minute continuing to whisk.
Off the heat, add the butter. Leave to cool then place in the fridge until chilled.
Garnish the pastry with the chilled custard. Cover with the strawberries, previously sliced.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with the mint leaves.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (205 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Chocolate mango and bourbon... 4/5 (83 Votes)