Sweet Potato & Quinoa In a Jar
Pack your Mason Jar with this super-salad to bring to work, school or university!
- 1 cubed sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 C quinoa
- 1/2 C black beans (or kidney beans)
- 1/4 diced red pepper
- 2 C green vegetables (of your choice)
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries (sultanas work well too!)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- For the dressing
- 1/4 mango
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and chop your sweet potatoes, place them in a dish, drizzle with olive oil (make sure you coat the potato with the oil). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast for 20 minutes in the oven at 200°C (400°F)
Place the quinoa and half a cup of water in a pan on a high heat.
Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer, cook for 15 to 20 minutes (the liquid needs to be absorbed and the quinoa tender).
Blend the man
Blend the mango, balsamic vinegar and water together.
Remove the quinoa off the heat, remove the potato from the oven.
Layer your jar with beans, add the quinoa, pour the dressing on top.
Add the diced pepper, greens, potatoes, cranberries, and seeds.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (147 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Homemade Pickle 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli with Toasted... 3.3/5 (122 Votes)
- Chicken curry with quinoa 4.2/5 (18 Votes)