Chicken Paprika (Our Secret family Recipe over 4 generations)
A new way to enjoy a chicken dinner that the kids will eat, it has a zing and a little kick too :)
- 15g Marg/ Fry oil spray
- 4 chicken joints
- 2 onions
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes (1 strained)
- salt and pepper
- 250g mushrooms
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- chopped parsley
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Skin chicken joints and fry in melted marg/ fry oil spray until brown. Place in casserole.
Slice onion and fry until soft then stir in paprika, stock cube, tin of tomatoes, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Pour over chicken joints in the casserole dish.
Slice mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes, add the lemon juice and add all this to the casserole. Sprinkle with parsley and seasonings.
Cover and cook in the oven at gas mark 4 for 75 minutes.
Enjoy served with rice or roast potatoes and mixed vegetables.
Use chicken fillets for a slightly more expensive dish but with less work.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (455 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (219 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli with Toasted... 3.3/5 (121 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Risotto 3.6/5 (91 Votes)