Beef and potato stew
- 1.2 kg braising beef
- 3 carrots
- 6 potatoes
- 2 turnips
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 onions
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- bouquet garni
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash and peel all vegetables, cut the carrots into thick slices, the turnips and potatoes into cubes, chop the onion and celery, cut the garlic in 4.
Heat the butter and oil in a casserole, add the meat and brown. Remove the meat chunks.
Put all the vegetables (except the potatoes), garlic and onion in the casserole. Sauté them. Add the vegetable stock cube, salt and pepper.
Put the meat back in the pan, coat in flour, mix well, add about 1.5 litres of water and the bouquet garni.
After one hour of cooking add the potatoes and cook for another hour.
This dish is even better reheated.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Shepherd's pie with carrots 3.3/5 (135 Votes)
- Courgette beef burgers 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Medley of spring vegetables,... 3.4/5 (109 Votes)