Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Quick and easy homemade soup.
- 1 Large onion
- 800ml Chicken stock
- 3 medium potatoes
- 450g broccoli florets
- 200g Cheddar cheese
- 200ml milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Chop and fry the onion in some butter. Peel and chopped the potatoes into quarters. Cut the broccoli into pieces and add to the pot with the potatoes. Add the chicken stock and cook for about 30 minutes until soft.
Grate the cheddar cheese.
Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth and add the milk. Mix in the cheese until it melts. Add salt and pepper to taste. I serve with some homemade bread.
Great way to use up old vegetables!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (76 Votes)