Fish Fingers with Cheesy Mash
This meal is really tasty and the mash is so versatile. I use it in so many different meals.
- 425g potatoes
- splash of milk
- knob of butter
- 40 g grated cheese (preferably cheddar)
- dried parsley
- 125 g pollack (you can use cod or any other white fish though)
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of fish seasoning (the best is Schwartz)
- 25 g of polenta
- 25 g of dried breadcrumbss
- 1 egg
- lightly beaten
- olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
Peel the potatoes, chop into small chunks and set them in a pan of boiling water for about 15 minutes until tender.
Whilst the potatoes are cooking mix the fish seasoning, polenta and breadcrumbs in a plate or bowl. Cut the fish into small, relatively regular shapes and then dip each piece in the beaten egg.
Lift the fish out of the egg and roll it in the breadcrumb mixture until completely coated. Place on a baking tray (which has been lined with greaseproof paper otherwise it'll stick!), spray with olive oil spray/drizzle over oil and then cook for 15 minutes in the oven. Turn over half way through cooking.
When the potatoes are cooked drain them and then mash. Mix in the butter, cheese and a sprinkle of the parsley. Add enough milk to get to the consistency that you want.
Serve with any vegetables that you want (I just used frozen mixed veg) and enjoy! :D
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.