Cream of Chicken Soup
Quite easy to make and very creamy and tasty.
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 leek
- 225 g chicken breast
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1/2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 90 ml double cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the leek and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the chicken, stock and herbs and then bring to the boil.
Lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes (until the chicken is cooked). Remove from the heat and blend until smooth.
Reheat the soup for about 5 minutes and then add the cream and cook for 2 more minutes. Ladle into bowls, serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Cold Beetroot Soup 5/5 (63 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Smoothie Get Your Greens 3.6/5 (115 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.