Chicken Noodle Soup
Quite easy to make and just a hint of Asian flavours to make it stand out.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 litre water
- 1/2 onion
- with skin left on
- cut in half
- 1/2 garlic clove
- cut in half
- piece of ginger
- peeled and sliced
- 2 black peppercorns
- lightly crushed
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 celery stick
- 50 g baby corn cobs
- 1 spring onion
- finely sliced
- 58 g (2 oz) dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 carrot
- peeled and grated
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Put the chicken breasts and water in to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, skimming the surface until no more foam rises.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger, peppercorns, cloves, star anise and a pinch of salt.
Simmer for 20 minutes, until tender and cooked through.
Remove everything from the water and then pour out some of the water until you have 600 ml left in your pan. Add the celery, baby corn and spring onions.
Bring the stock to the boil and boil until the corn is almost tender. Add the noodles and cook for another 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the chicken into bite size pieces. Add it to the pan with the carrot and cook for an extra minute until the chicken is warm again.
Transfer to bowls, serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (496 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (227 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.