Chicken Fried Rice
This is very simple and very filling.
- splash of sesame oil
- 3 shallots
- peeled and cut into quarters
- 225 g cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 celery stick
- 1/2 red pepper
- deseeded and diced
- 85 g (3 oz) peas
- 50 g canned sweetcorn
- 140 g cooked rice
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the oil in a wok.
Add the shallots and fry until soft, then add the chicken and 1 tbsp of the soy sauce and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
Stir in the carrots, celery, red pepper, peas and sweetcorn and stir-fry for 5 more minutes.
Add the rice and stir thoroughly. Finally, beat the egg and pour into the mixture. Stir until the egg is beginning to set and then add in the remaining soy sauce.
Transfer to bowls, serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (441 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (149 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)