Chicken Fried Rice
This recipe uses up leftover roast chicken and makes a speedy and tasty meal.
- Pre cooked long grain rice washed and drained (approx weight 140g before cooking)
- 2 eggs beaten
- Some leftover cold chicken roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions chopped
- A handful of peas thawed
- Vegetable oil
- Soy Sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in a wok and when it is very hot add the eggs. Keep them moving and when cooked add the cooked rice.
Fry for a few minutes adding more oil if it starts to stick. Add the chicken, spring onions and peas. Fry until the chicken is piping hot.
Add soy sauce to taste and salt and pepper if desired.
Serve and eat! Yum!!
Keep everything moving the the wok or it may stick. You can add other ingredients e.g ham, peppers etc.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (232 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Mackerel Fried Rice 3.3/5 (144 Votes)
- Charlottes Fried Rice 3.4/5 (133 Votes)