Instant French Toast
- 1 cup of stale bread (ideally French baguette or brioche)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Melt the butter in a microwave safe mug in a microwave.
Stir cubes of the bread in the melted butter until fully coated.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a ramekin and pour over the bread.
Push the bread into the custard mixture, until saturated, and leave to sit for a short time until it is all absorbed.
Heat in the microwave for 1 min - 1 1/2 mins until the egg is no longer runny.
Serve warm and with liberal amounts of honey or maple syrup.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (225 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (255 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)