Easy veggie biriyani
- 250g basmati rice
- 400g special mixed frozen vegetables
- a generous handful of raisins
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp korma curry paste
- a generous handful of roasted salted cashew nuts
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Boil the kettle. Get out a large microwaveable bowl and pile in the rice, veg and raisins.
Pour 600ml/1 pint boiling water over the rice mixture and crumble in the stock cube, then stir in the curry paste. Cover the bowl with cling film, leaving a small gap at the side to let out the steam. Cook on full power (850 watts) for 12 minutes – if your microwave is less powerful, add 2 minutes.
Remove from the microwave and stand, still covered, for 5 minutes to complete the cooking – if you don’t let it stand the rice will be too nutty. Fluff up the rice, scatter with cashews and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Instant Custard 4.7/5 (130 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.