Kids Kit-Kat Smarties Cake
Rich sponge cake with custard filling, dipped in chocolate, covered in smarties and surrounded by kit-kat.
- FOR THE SPONGE:
- -1 yoghurt (natural or flavoured)
- -1 tbsp of olive oil
- -2 tsbp of sugar
- -3 tbsp of flour confectionery
- -1 sachet of yeast
- - Eggs 3 L
- -200gr of chocolate
- -200ml of cream
- -kit-kat 12 bars
- -1 package of smarties
- FOR THE FILLING:
- -4 egg yolks
- -125 g of sugar
- -40 g of cornstarch
- -1 vanilla pod
- -1/2 L milk
- - Lemon or orange rind.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the milk in a saucepan, with the vanilla pod which and lemon or orange rind.
Bring to a boil, remove and put to one side.
In a bowl, mix the sugar, the egg yolks and cornstarch.
Oncewell comboned, slowly add the milk.
Put it back onto a low heat, continuously stirring until it thickens.
Remove from the heat, and take out the vanilla pod. Let it cool, covered in cling film.
Put the oven to heat oven 180°C.
Beat the eggs with the sugar to mix everything very well.
Add oil and yoghurt and continue whisking well to combine.
Add sifted flour with the baking soda slowly.
Once well mixed, pour onto a greased and floured baking tray.
Cook for 35-40 min (depending on the oven).
Pierce with a toothpick to check if it's ready.
ASSEMBLE THE CAKE AND DECORATE:
Once we have our cake made and it's cold, cut it in half and soak in liquor, coffee, or water with sugar to make it us spongy.
Fill it with the pastry cream and put ontop a layer of cream.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave with 200g of cream.
Gradually, pour it over the cake.
Wrap the sides of the cake in Kit-Kat bars and cover the top with smarties!
Use a ribbon to tie around the cake and keep the kit kat border in place.
Keep in the fridge for at least one hour.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (252 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (155 Votes)