Leek and Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp of butter or olive oil
- 2 chopped leeks
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 350g/12 oz floury potatoes
- 2 vegtable stock cubes
- ground pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the butter in a large pan and then add chopped leeks and onion and cook gently until softened.
Add the potatoes to the pan (these should be peeled and cubed). Let these cook for about five minutes. Add the stock and bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
Cover and simmer gently for 30 - 35 minutes until vegetable are very tender. Season to taste. Serve hot with warm baguettes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.