Chicken and prawn paella with a kick
Easy but tasty
- Fresh or cook from frozen chicken breasts
- Cooked and de-veined prawns
- Green peppers
- Arborio rice 80g per person
- Chicken stock pot
- Black Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Chilli powder
- White wine
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Boil rice in half water, half chicken stock
Start cooking chicken in wok. When sealed/defrosted add defrosted prawns and cook for a few more mins.
Add sliced mushrooms, peppers, salt and garlic powder to taste.
Once vegetables are soft, add the cooked rice and more chicken stock, oregano, paprika, chllli powder and black pepper. Keep checking it for flavour.
Add a good splash of white wine if you like. Simmer until the liquid has reduced and absorbed.
Serve preferably with more white wine!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.