- 1 onion 750ml stock (1 x veg
- or 1-2 clove/s of garlic or chicken stock cube)
- 1 red pepper
- 250g rice
- 1 chicken breast (or 4 thighs)
- 25g frozen peas
- 1 x 15ml oil
- 100g mixed cooked seafood
- (e.g. prawns
- mussels and squid)
- 1 x 5ml spoon turmeric optional
- 1 x 5ml spoon paprika
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and chop the onion;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- chop and deseed the red pepper.
2. Remove any skin from the chicken, then dice into chunks
with a fresh knife on a clean chopping board.
3. Fry the onion and pepper in the oil for 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, turmeric and paprika and cook for a further
5. Add the diced chicken and cook until it turns white.
6. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add the rice.
8. Bring to the boil, and then allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Stir in the frozen peas and seafood, and cook for a further
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.