The way to his heart
beef steak tagliatelle in a creamy cheese sauce with mushrooms and caramelised oinions served with triple cooked chips.
- four nests of fresh tagliatelle pasta
- two nice preferred sized steaks
- one tub of ricotta cheese small tub of button mushrooms
- half white onion
- two large baking potatoes and a tsp sugar white or brown some vegetable oil a little butter.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
fill a pan with water and place on hob to boil 15 mins. peel potatoes and cut into chunky chips. and part boil them. once a little soft place on baking tray with a drizzle of oil and bake in oven for around 15 minutes, heat up the oil in a pan and add chips to the oil. cook until golden 10 mins
whilst chips in the oven cut steak into strips and slice mushrooms and onions
lightly fry steak strips in a little butter until light brown in colour add sugar and onions fry until onions and sugar caramelise then add mushrooms
boil a pan of water and add tagliatelle until separates and soft (only takes around 2 minutes) drain and place back in pan. add ricotta cheese and steak mix fold through. Do NOT place back on the hob the heat off the pasta will warm up the sauce mix.
drain chips onto kitchen roll and plate up add pasta and serve hot
can use chicken if you want to or vegetables. also serve with some crusty bread rolls if you like.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Cheese sauce 3.3/5 (159 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.