Quick and easy to prepare, They do not keep well but are so tasty they probably get eaten up quickly anyway.
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch chilli power ( or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven 210 c / gas mark 6. Prepare a 12 hole bun/muffin tin well greased
Measure the grated cheese, flour, salt sugar and chilli powder into a large bowl. Mix together with your finger tips.
In a jug beat the egg and add the milk. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well , the mixture will look a bit lumpy but don't worry
Spoon mixture in to prepared bun tin using another spoon to help it off.
Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until muffin springs back when pressed in the oven and is golden brown. Cool before removing from the tin.
The muffin/bun tip does need greasing well, I use silicone cake cases sprayed with oil and they slice out easily. Muffin will stick to paper cases.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (234 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Molten chocolate Cupcakes 3.9/5 (108 Votes)