Mushroom pasta in a lovely garlic sauce.
- 400g mushrooms sliced thinly
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 small onions chopped
- 1 tspns garlic powder
- 450g pasta
- 25g SR flour
- salt and pepper
- pinch of chilli
- 10 ml oil to fry the mushrooms
- 50ml to make a roux
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Make the roux while the slated water is boiling for the pasta adding the pasta as soon as it boils.
Add oil and flour to a none stick pan and stir while warming.
Gradually add the stock in at least four goes stirring all the time until the stock has thickened.
Add seasoning, garlic and chilli and stir.
Remove from heat.
Heat oil and add oinions, when softened add mushrooms.
Cook until soft.
Beat sauce to make it shiny, add mushroom mix.
Add to pasta, stir and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (76 Votes)