Cheese and Onion Rolls
Simple and scrumptious Cheese and Onion rolls full of cheese and caramelized onions.Great dish for parties and picnics.
- 1.5 cups Plain flour
- 1/3 cup Warm water + 1 tbsp
- 3/4 tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Milk for brushing
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 130mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Mix yeast in 1 tbsp warm water and let it sit for five minutes until it froths.T
Take flour and mix salt, sugar,yeast mixture and warm water to form a smooth and sticky dough.Add oil and knead well for 4-5 minutes till it turns into a smooth dough.Rest it for 2 hours.
Fry the onions till light golden and keep aside.Now take the dough and knock down the air.Roll it into a thick round shape and then place the fried onions,top it with cheese and sprinkle garlic powder.
Now roll it like wrap and slice into eight small rolls.Arrange them in a baking pan and wrap it with a cling film.Allow to proof it for 1 hour.
After 1 hour sprinkle oregano and brush it with milk and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes at 180 C.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Gingerbread spice pancakes with... 4.2/5 (74 Votes)
- Carpaccio rolls with rocket and... 3.4/5 (130 Votes)