Banana spring rolls
Delicious, healthy baked bananas in filo pastry
- 2 large bananas.
- 2-3 tbsp sesame seeds (lightly toasted) (optional)
- 12 spring roll wrappers or filo pastry
- 25g butter (melted)
- Optional Cinnamon Powder
- Sprinkle of Demerara sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven Gas Mark 6/200°C and grease a baking tray with a little butter.
Cut the bananas once lengthways and once in half to make 4 pieces. These will be used for the centre of the spring roll.
Lay the spring roll wrappers on a board and brush the edges with butter. Place a banana piece in the middle of a pastry diamond . You can sprinkle with cinnamon powder for more flavour. Fold over the ends and roll up into a tube.
Place the filled rolls on the baking tray. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and demerara sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (419 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Greek salad 3.7/5 (113 Votes)