Healthy Lemon Chicken
- 4 chicken thigh fillets - preferably organic
- 1 large or 2 small lemons
- ground black pepper
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablsp rice wine (or semi-dry white wine could be substituted)
- 11/2 tablsp. light soy sauce
- 11/2 tablsp. oyster sauce
- 2 teasps. sesame oil
- 1 tablsp. peanut or olive oil
- 2 teasps. sea salt
- 1 tablsp. brown sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Squeeze lemons & cut lemon skins into thick chunks. Leave skin on chicken & cut into approx. 3 pieces each. Place in a heatproof bowl with lemon juice and skins. Add all marinade ingredients. Mix well, cover tightly with foil and leave for 30 mins.
Place covered bowl over a steamer of rapidly boiling water(bamboo steamer if you have one). Place lid on steamer & steam for 25mins. 1/2 way during cooking remove covers to turn chicken & replace covers tightly again.
Remove from steamer & sprinkle with scallions & black pepper before serving. Serve with quinoa, couscous, brown rice or baked potatoes and a colourful salad.
Marie F's comments: For additional flavour consider adding a small bunch of fresh French tarragon at cooking time and/or include a tablsp. of grated fresh ginger in the marinade.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)
- Flaked Fish Curry with Tumeric and... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Black Bean Dip 3.4/5 (124 Votes)