Rice Krispy Snow People
- 200g Rice Krispies
- 400g white Marshmallows
- 50g butter
- 6 melted marshmallows
- A handful of currants
- Strips of jelly sweets (as many as you like)
- 300g fondant (either 2 different colours 200g for the hats & scarves 100g for scarves and noses or white and 2 gel colours)
- Sprinkles for buttons
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Melt the butter and marshmallows in a heat proof bowl in the microwave for about 60-90 seconds. Alternatively you can melt the butter in a pan, add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
Pour mixture into a large bowl and add Rice Krispies. I use a washing up bowl which I put aside for when I am cooking big volumes.
Next, mix all together until all the Rice Krispies are coated in marshmallow.
Use an Ice-cream scoop to get the snowmen’s body shapes, mould with buttered hands, compact together and then set the bodies to a side. To make the heads, roll smaller amounts of mixture and mould with buttered hands, set aside to firm.
To make fondant hats, roll out coloured fondant, about half a centimetre thick, cut 8 circles using a small round cutter (about 4cm), then shape a little top of the hat and glue together with a little water. Make 16 sausages of fondant then twist together to make the scarves. Shape 8 carrot noses.
'Glue' the snowman’s head and body together using the melted marshmallow, then cut 8 currants in half for his coal eyes. These should stick easily in to place, and then add three sprinkle buttons along his body. Finally add his hat, scarf and carrot nose.
These little guys will look great at a children's Christmas tea party, they’re easy to make and Amelia and Zach will love to help decorate them too.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (83 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- MARS BAR SQUARES 3.4/5 (140 Votes)