Sweet and Sour Tomatoes with Feta Cheese
- FOR THE TOMATOES:
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Vine Tomatoes (Cut in half)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- FOR THE CHEESE:
- 100g Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Rind of 1 Lemon
- Rind of 1 Lime
- Basil Leaves (Small Handful)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 220c/425f/Gas mark 7
FOR THE TOMATOES:
Heat the oil in an oven proof saute pan.
Fry the tomatoes (round side down 1st) for 2-3 minutes each side.
Season with salt & pepper.
Add in the sugar and balsamic vinegar and caramalise in the pan.
Put in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
FOR THE CHEESE PART:
Cut the feta cheese in to four 1cm thick slices.
Put in an ovenproof dish and drizzle over the olive oil, lemon and lime rinds and basil leaves.
Marinate for a few minutes then put in the oven for 1-2 minutes.
Place the tomatoes on the plates.
Spoon over the caramalised liquid from the pan.
Arrange the feta cheese slices on top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (493 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (190 Votes)