Carrot soufflé with ham and ketchup
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel the carrots, slice and cook for 20 minutes in a saucepan of boiling salted water. Drain them and mash them with a fork.
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C. Finely chop the ham.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, add the flour all at once and stir briskly. Pour in the milk slowly while continuing to stir and cook for a few minutes, lightly salt and pepper.
Remove from the heat, add Parmesan cheese, ketchup, 4 egg yolks, mashed carrots and ham.
Beat the 6 egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt. Add 1/3 of the whites in the preparation and mix well until the batter is smooth. Stir in very gently the remaining whites.
Pour into a soufflé dish or 4 individual ramekins, greased and bake for 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of dishes.
When the soufflé is golden brown, remove from oven and serve immediately.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar) 4.2/5 (78 Votes)