French ham and olive bread
By HAMON-DIAZ, Carolina
- For the dough:
- 350 g brioche flour
- 1 egg
- 200 ml of water
- 30 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 g sugar
- 2.5 tsp instant dried yeast
- For the filling:
- 300 g smoked ham
- 300 g cooked ham (amount according to your taste)
- Green olives and raisins (to your taste)
- For the glaze:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 200mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix all the ingredients for the dough, knead by hand (or robot) for 10 minutes, until the dough becomes soft and smooth.
Cover and leave to rise 45 minutes minimum - maximum 1 hour, away from drafts (the dough should double in volume).
Deflate the dough and cut into two pieces (if you want to make two loaves of medium size).
Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 60x40 cm.
Arrange the slices of different hams on the dough, then add the olives cut in half and raisins.
Roll up the bread and place in the baking tin and cover with a dish cloth (to avoid drafts) and leave for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
Brush the surface of the bread with the beaten egg yolk and sugar, pricking here and there with a fork (so that the bread does not open during cooking).
Bake the bread 40 minutes, until it is golden brown (cooking time depends on the oven).
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (179 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Tunisian Fricassee 3.6/5 (164 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (70 Votes)