Strawberry vanilla maki sushi
- 250g strawberries
- 120 ml of water
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 level tsp of agar agar
- 45g round rice
- 250 ml of milk
- 40g of sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Put 50 g of strawberries aside to garnish the maki.
In a saucepan, simmer 200gr of strawberries with water and vanilla sugar. After 10 minutes, mix everything and pour through a conical sieve. Put the mixture back over the heat, boil and add the agar. Mix well. In a dish lined with cling film, pour and spread the mixture in a uniform thin layer, allow to cool.
In a saucepan, add 250ml milk + half the vanilla bean with 45 grams of round rice, cook 25 to 30 minutes. Add sugar and cook another 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
Unstick the thin layers of jelified strawberries, top with 3 cms of rice, add pieces of strawberries, then roll your maki. I've made two maki rolls, cut into 6 individual maki, and then I made six sushi rolling the rice pudding in my hands and I put finely chopped strawberries on top.
And there you are, pink maki and sushi!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (153 Votes)
- Varenyky (Ukrainian stuffed... 3.6/5 (139 Votes)
- Macaroons 3.7/5 (107 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Homemade Chocolate Candy Bars 3.6/5 (98 Votes)
- Strawberry Roly-Poly cake 4.1/5 (81 Votes)
- Battered Chicken Goujons 3.7/5 (82 Votes)