Tomato and cheese swirls
By Sophie , blog mignardises and co
- The dough:
- 3 eggs
- 80 g butter
- 15 g flour
- 25 g cornflour
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste (30 ml)
- 50 g grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cream filling:
- 50 g natural fromage frais
- 150 g of cheese spread garlic & herbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Separate the whites from the yolks. Whisk the yolks with 12 ml of hot water. Add the flour, cornflour and baking powder and continue to whisk. Add the butter, tomato paste, the grated cheese and paprika and salt.
Beat the whites until stiff and stir gently into the previous mixture. Conver a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper, pour on the batter and spread evenly. Cook for 7-8mins in a preheated oven at 200 ° C. (Monitor the cooking)
Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients for the cream.
Remove the baked cake from the oven, roll it into a swiss roll in a clean cloth to give it it's shape and leave to cool.
Unroll the cake and spread on the cream filling then roll again.
Place the roll in the fridge until it's chilled. Garnish with a few halved cherry tomatoes and chives on top, serve and slice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Chorizo, lemon and green olive... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)