Rockfish, courgette spaghetti, tomato and lemon
- 4 cod fillets (110g each)
- 120g sea salt
- 30g sugar
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 2 shallots
- 20cl olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon
- 5g fennel beans
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Cover the fish in a mix of salt and sugar and reserve in the fridge for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, rinse under cold water to remove the salt and sugar for 10 minutes.
Peel the tomatoes, chop, remove the seeds, and crush them. Cook in olive oil for 15 minutes with the shallots, garlic and add the fennel beans. Drain in a colander at the end of cooking and add the lemon, diced. Season.
Slice 1 of the courgettes and steam for 4-5 minutes. Drain and blend with 10cl of olive oil. Cut the second courgette into thin "spaghetti" slices lengthwise. Cook the cod fillets for 2 minutes on each side.
Place the cod onto dinner plates, cover with the tomato and lemon juice. Garnish with the courgette soup around the fish to decorate and place the raw courgettes on top of the fish.
Tips: Cod is quite humid, which is why you should brine the fish, which is using salt and sugar to remove the excess of water. Rinse well and it will be a lot easier to cook.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (147 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)